Windows Server 2003 Web Edition , takes the best of Windows 2000 Server technology and makes it easier to deploy, manage, and use. The result is a highly productive operating system that is more secure, reliable, highly available, and scalable.
At a high level, Windows Server 2003 Web Edition , provides support for:
Advanced networking features such as Internet Authentication Service (IAS), the Network Bridge feature, and Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).
Four-way symmetric multiprocessing (SMP).
4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM.
- Computer and processor: PC with a 133-MHz processor required; 550-MHz or faster processor recommended; support for up to four processors on one server
- Memory: 128 MB of RAM required; 256 MB or more recommended; 4 GB maximum
- Hard disk: 1.2 GB for network install; 2.9 GB for CD install
- Drive: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- Display: VGA or hardware that supports console redirection required; Super VGA supporting 800 x 600 or higher-resolution monitor recommended